Sunday, June 16, 2013

Well, we made the BIG 50!  This week was our anniversary so we went to lunch at the Welshfield Inn (very nice), visited the cheese factory and Emma's.  Got some cheese, bread and an apple pie.  Then it was off to work at the Johnson Home.  Ended up being a very nice day and what a place to celebrate in, we enjoyed it all.  Tuesday Shawn and Anita Sitterud came for a visit.  We had arranged p-day so we could spend it with them.  We toured the Home, Kirtland Village, Temple and Morley Farm. Also did lunch at our favorite Chinese place so it was a fun day.  We enjoyed visiting with them and appreciate them taking the time to come.  Another great day was when Darrin and Connie came for a visit Saturday morning.  We visited a bit, had lunch and then did a tour for them at the Johnson home.  Got hugs and again, appreciated the visit.  Was great to see them and we wish them well in their new adventures in Pasco.
Have to tell you about one day of tours at the Home.  We did nine all together that day but the ones I want to share are the three that I did myself.  First one was a family with two little girls, one about 2 and the other 6 months.  We had started the tour and the little one was crying so they took her out of her car seat and she was wet all the way up her back.  So her daddy took her out to change her.  He had just gone out the door and there the other little girl stood in a puddle on the kitchen floor.  She had wet her pants so out she and her mother went.  We had another tour right behind us so I stepped out and let them go on.  When they came back I took them through the front door to be ahead of the other group.  I knew it would have to be a quick one.  The little girl was sooo cute and had to share her necklace, shoes, curly hair, etc., etc., with me.  In fact she decided to stay with me when they were leaving.  I finally talked her into going with her mother and waved good bye.  The next group was a family with an older downs syndrone boy.  In the third room he suddenly leaned on the one man and just slid down the wall, passed out.  They said he sometimes does this.  They insisted I go on with the others and the one man would stay with him.  So I did after alerting Elder Wells of the situation.  The sisters working with us offered to finish his tour so he could attend to the situation.  The young man came to, but they had to help him walk out to the car.  Guess all was well.  Well, then the third group were from Argentina and the one man did not speak any English.  I would say a phrase and the two women would translate so it took quite a while.  It was a good tour just a bit tedious and long.  All the time I had either the sisters or Dan behind or in front of me with tours.  Not sure how I ended up with these.  They were good tours, just different, keeping me on my toes and trying to stay focused.  All in all it has been a busy week, lots of rain.  That bad storm that was forcast for us didn't really hit.  Oh we had some thunder and heavy rain but not the hail and bad winds.  We were grateful for that.  Looking forward to lots of big tours this week.  Hope we survive.

1 comment: